Easy Brain Teasers Page 2
EANM - Easy
How many common four letter English words can you make from the letters EANM using all the letters in each word?
Jack and Jill Coin Toss - Easy
Jill offered Jack the following bet: she said she would toss 3 pennies in the air, and if they fell all heads or all tails she would give him $1. If they fell any other way, he had to give her 50 cents. Should Jack accept?
7's from 1 to 100 - Easy
If you count from 1 to 100, how many 7's will you pass on the way?
Father's and Daughter's Age - Easy
I am four times as old as my daughter. In 20 yrs time I shall be twice as old as her. How old are we today?
G,C,L,M - Easy
Complete this sequence of letters: G, C, L, M, ?
(hint: the individual letters are the first letter of a word and the words are in decending order)
How Many in This Bouquet - Easy
How many flowers do I have if all of them are roses except 2, all of them are tulips except 2, and all of them are daisies except 2?
What word am I - Easy
I am eight letters long - "12345678"
My 1234 is an atmospheric condition.
My 34567 supports a plant.
My 4567 is to appropriate.
My 45 is a friendly thank-you.
My 678 is a name.
What word am I?
Elemental Cipher - Easy
Decipher this 3 word code:
15 89 19 68 16 36 92 16 1 6 1 53 6 47 8
(hint: The key for the code should be easy to find, it's elementary in it's design.)
Monthly Rule - Easy
Each number shown below follows a certain rule. Figure out the rule and fill in the missing number.
Janurary = 20
April = 10
May = 5
November = 15
July = ?
Penny in a Canoe - Easy
A canoe is floating in a swimming pool. Which will raise the level of the water in the pool higher, dropping a penny into the pool or into the canoe? Or does it make any difference?
Key Word - Easy
|W I L D||L I N E|
|A F T E R||
|L O N G|
|N I G H T||S T Y L E|
Fore Word - Easy
Which word of four letters can be added to the front of the following words to create other English words ?
CARD BOX CODE BAG HASTE
4 Letters, 3 Words - Easy
Replace the blanks in the following sentence with three four letter words, the same four letters must be used for all three words. What are the words ?
THE YOUNG MAN . . . . . . . . OF MONEY
BECAUSE HE COULD NOT WALK AWAY
FROM THE . . . . MACHINES.
Key Word 2 - Easy
On each line place a three letter word which can be attached to the end of the word to the left and to the beginning of the word to the right to give two other words. The first letters of the three letter words will give another word reading downwards. What is it ?
TALL ( ... ) HOOD
COVE ( ... ) RAFT
FOND ( ... ) HEM
ROB ( ... ) TILL
DOUGH ( ... ) HATCH
FORE ( ... ) PAGE
Special Dartboard - Easy
A special dartboard has only eight segments. The segments are numbered clockwise from the top as follows:
15, 3, 6, 4, 12, 5, 10, 0
The number on each segment corresponds with its unique point score. How many different combinations are there to score 18 on this dartboard using three darts only ? Each dart lands in a segment and no dart falls to the floor.
Word Connection - Easy
The following words have a connection. What is it ?
Crawling Caterpillar - Easy
A caterpillar crawls at a speed of 21 inches per hour towards a vegetable patch.
After being overindulgent it returns, over exactly the same distance, at only 7 inches per hour.
What is the caterpiller's average speed over the entire journey ?
Note: The "journey" does not include over indulging in the vegetable patch.
Paper Cup Recycling - Easy
A recycling factory makes its own paper cups for use in it's cafeteria. It can make one new cup from nine used ones. If it has 505 used cups how many can it possibly make in total ?
Fore Word 2 - Easy
Which three letter word can be attached to the beginning of the following words to give six other words ?
Caculator Sum - Easy
Assume you are using a basic calculator and replace each question mark with a mathematical sign. Plus, minus, multiply and divide can each be used once only.
3 ? 7 ? 5 ? 4 ? 3 = ?
What are the highest and lowest possible totals ?
Voweless Scientists - Easy
The names of three scientists are written here, unfortunately the vowels have been missed out. Replace the vowels to discover the three names.
Who are the scientists ?
Missing Letters - Easy
The alphabet is written here but some letters have been missed out.
B F G H J K M N P Q T U V X Y Z
Use the missing letters to form the name of an author. Who is it ?
Capital Strokes - Easy
Of those numbers whose English representation in capital letters consists only of straight lines, only one number has a value equal to the number of straight line segments required to write it out. What number is this?
Round Manhole Covers - Easy
Why is it better to have round manhole covers than square ones?
Flock Survivors - Easy
A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left?
Three Under the Umbrella - Easy
Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How is this possible?
On and Off the Bus - Easy
You are a bus driver. At the first stop of the day, eight people get on board. At the second stop, four get off, and eleven get on. At the third stop, two get off, and six get on. At the fourth stop, thirteen get off, and one gets on. At the fifth stop, five get off, and three get on. At the sixth stop, three get off, and two get on. What color are the bus driver's eyes?
Apples - Easy
If you take two apples from three apples, how many do you have?
Short Word - Easy
A certain five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it. What is the word?
Like these brain teasers??
Bookmark and Share them!
Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- The BHP Big Page of Brain Teasers!. All our brain teasers with their answers, all in one spot.
- Weird Brain Tricks involve fooling the brain into beleiving a false reality. This is how it happens and some interesting experiments you can try!
- The Submitted Brain Teasers sent in by visitors like you! Have a crack at some of the most recent submissions.
- Submit Your Own Brain Teaser or Puzzle. Got a doozie of a mind bender? Send it in and give the rest of us a crack at it!
- Math Brain Teasers are tough but worth solving to keep your brain strong. So get out that pencil and start sharpening! Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
- Easy Brain Teasers are a good way to warm up your brain for some hard thinking. Check out our selection! Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3
- Hard Brain Teasers can keep your brain sharp. Check out our page and see how many you can solve!
- Riddles are little concise brain teasers that can help you think outside the box. Test out your brain against our collection. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 and Page 4
- Jigsaw puzzles are excellent brain training tools and can be quite fun! Learn what solving a jigsaw puzzle does for your brain here.
- Brain Fun There's a lot of brain fun to be had with optical illusions and visual tricks. Training your brain can be fun, and here are some optical illusions to get it working.
- Brain Games offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Riddles offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Twisters are a great way to challenge your mind. This is good for improving your mental functions and the development of new neural pathways. This article gives you some examples of riddles that you can use to get thinking.
- Word Problems This article is all about word problems. These are riddles and problems that challenge your brain to work in ways it doesn't usually work. These problems are great for improving your mind.
- More Brain Fun You can have all the brain fun you want all by yourself. You don't need fancy puzzles or computer software. This article has some great ideas for easy brain fun you can do yourself.
- Brain Games Fun offers a wonderful challenge to your mind while entertaining you at the same time. This article looks at its benefits and discusses the most common types of games that can be used to stretch your brainpower.
- Brain Riddles Teasers Riddles, brain teasers, mind twisters and puzzles challenge us to think differently. They're lots of fun but they also have an educational purpose - they can train your mind to think in more creative and flexible ways. This article introduces three riddles, brain teasers and word problems for you to solve.
- Brain Rummager is a site full of activities and information related to the English language. It's aimed at students of all ages and there are lots of challenges here. It also has ideas for creative writing. This is an addictive site that you can spend hours at a stretch on.
- More Brain Twisters Brain twisters are short riddles that force you to think outside of the box. One feature many of them have is that they leave you slapping your forehead afterwards laughing and going, DUH! Here are 11 brain twisters to give your grey matter a little workout.
- Fun Brain is a site that's designed to make learning fun. Kids learn effortlessly when they're having a good time, and that's the site's strong point. It's full of math, reading and literacy games for students of all levels from kindergarten to 8th grade. It also has wonderful resources for parents and teachers. This is a review of the site.