Riddles Page 4
Inside a burning house, this thing is best to make. And best to make it quickly, before the fire's too much to take! ?
You use it between your head and your toes, the more it works the thinner it grows. What is it?
What can bring back the dead; make us cry, make us laugh, make us young; born in an instant yet lasts a life time?
First you see me in the grass dressed in yellow gay; next I am in dainty white, then I fly away. What am I?
Hands she has but does not hold, teeth she has but does not bite, feet she has but they are cold, eyes she has but without sight. Who is she?
I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe, I keep you fine. I make your hands sweat, and your heart grow cold, I visit the weak, but seldom the bold. What am I?
This runs fore to aft on one side of a ship, and aft to fore on the other. What is it?
What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can't buy it in a bookstore or take it from a library?
This thing runs but cannot walk, sometimes sings but never talks. Lacks arms, has hands; lacks a head but has a face. What is it?
Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees and cities without houses?
What lies in bed, and stands in bed, first white then red. The plumper it gets, the better the old woman likes it?
An open-ended barrel, I am shaped like a hive. I am filled with the flesh, and the flesh is alive! What am I?
I have no voice and yet I speak to you, I tell of all things in the world that people do. I have leaves, but I am not a tree, I have pages, but I am not a bride or royalty. I have a spine and hinges, but I am not a man or a door, I have told you all, I cannot tell you more. What am I?
A father's child, a mother's child, yet no one's son. Who am I. ?
In spring I am gay in handsome array;
in summer more clothing I wear;
when colder it grows I fling off my clothes;
and in winter quite naked appear.
What am I?
It goes up, but at the same time goes down. Up toward the sky, and down toward the ground. It's present tense and past tense too, come for a ride, just me and you. What is it?
I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire. I wept, and then my head was cut off. What am I?
A very pretty thing am I, fluttering in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, indeed I am a pretty thing. What am I?
Old Mother Twitchett had but one eye, and a long tail which she let fly; and every time she went through a gap, a bit of her tail she left in a trap. What is she?
What does no man want, yet no man want to lose?
This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has not lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?
Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?
What can go up a chimney down, but cannot go down a chimney up?
I pass before the sun, yet make no shadow. What am I?
Who killed one-fourth of mankind?
When they are caught, they are thrown away.
When they escape, you itch all day.
What are they?
You can spin, wheel and twist, but this thing can turn without moving. What is it?
Which word from Group B belongs with the words from Group A?
A. BLAST, PAPER, BOX, BANK
B. JUICE, BAG, CRADLE, CARPET ?
Often talked of, never seen,
Ever coming, never been,
Daily looked for, never here,
Still approaching, coming near.
Thousands for it's visit wait
But alas for their fate,
Thou' they expect me to appear,
They will never find me here. ?
Never resting, never still.
Moving silently from hill to hill.
It does not walk, run or trot,
All is cool where it is not.
What is it?
I am the fountain from which no one can drink.
For many I am considered a necessary link.
Like gold to all I am sought for,
But my continued death brings wealth for all to want more.
What am I?
What demands an Answer, but asks no question?
Dark with white markings,
And smooth like a rock.
Where learning occurs,
I help convey thought.
What am I?
To what question can you never answer "yes"??
Violet, indigo, blue and green, yellow, orange and red; these are the colors you have seen after the storm has fled. What am I?
Like these brain teasers?
Bookmark and Share them!
Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- The BHP Big Page of Brain Teasers!. All our brain teasers with their answers, all in one spot.
- Weird Brain Tricks involve fooling the brain into beleiving a false reality. This is how it happens and some interesting experiments you can try!
- The Submitted Brain Teasers sent in by visitors like you! Have a crack at some of the most recent submissions.
- Submit Your Own Brain Teaser or Puzzle. Got a doozie of a mind bender? Send it in and give the rest of us a crack at it!
- Math Brain Teasers are tough but worth solving to keep your brain strong. So get out that pencil and start sharpening! Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
- Easy Brain Teasers are a good way to warm up your brain for some hard thinking. Check out our selection! Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3
- Hard Brain Teasers can keep your brain sharp. Check out our page and see how many you can solve!
- Riddles are little concise brain teasers that can help you think outside the box. Test out your brain against our collection. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 and Page 4
- Jigsaw puzzles are excellent brain training tools and can be quite fun! Learn what solving a jigsaw puzzle does for your brain here.
- Brain Fun There's a lot of brain fun to be had with optical illusions and visual tricks. Training your brain can be fun, and here are some optical illusions to get it working.
- Brain Games offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Riddles offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Twisters are a great way to challenge your mind. This is good for improving your mental functions and the development of new neural pathways. This article gives you some examples of riddles that you can use to get thinking.
- Word Problems This article is all about word problems. These are riddles and problems that challenge your brain to work in ways it doesn't usually work. These problems are great for improving your mind.
- More Brain Fun You can have all the brain fun you want all by yourself. You don't need fancy puzzles or computer software. This article has some great ideas for easy brain fun you can do yourself.
- Brain Games Fun offers a wonderful challenge to your mind while entertaining you at the same time. This article looks at its benefits and discusses the most common types of games that can be used to stretch your brainpower.
- Brain Riddles Teasers Riddles, brain teasers, mind twisters and puzzles challenge us to think differently. They're lots of fun but they also have an educational purpose - they can train your mind to think in more creative and flexible ways. This article introduces three riddles, brain teasers and word problems for you to solve.
- Brain Rummager is a site full of activities and information related to the English language. It's aimed at students of all ages and there are lots of challenges here. It also has ideas for creative writing. This is an addictive site that you can spend hours at a stretch on.
- More Brain Twisters Brain twisters are short riddles that force you to think outside of the box. One feature many of them have is that they leave you slapping your forehead afterwards laughing and going, DUH! Here are 11 brain twisters to give your grey matter a little workout.
- Fun Brain is a site that's designed to make learning fun. Kids learn effortlessly when they're having a good time, and that's the site's strong point. It's full of math, reading and literacy games for students of all levels from kindergarten to 8th grade. It also has wonderful resources for parents and teachers. This is a review of the site.