Math Brain Teasers Page 3
You must cut a birthday cake into exactly eight pieces, but you're only allowed to make three straight cuts, and you can't move pieces of the cake as you cut. How can you do it?
Suppose you are on an elevator on the 16th floor of a building, when the cable breaks. As you plummet toward the ground, you recall that you once heard that by jumping up FAST at the instant of impact, you can escape death. You also recall that the floors are twelve feet apart and that the speed of a falling object is 32 feet per second squared. When should you jump?
A dog can run fifty miles in a day. How far could he run into a 120 square mile forest in two days?
Your sock drawer contains ten pairs of white socks and ten pairs of black socks. If you're only allowed to take one sock from the drawer at a time, what's the minimum number of socks you need to take before you're guaranteed to have a pair?
Not Heavy - Easy
Forward it's heavy, backward I it's not. What word is it??
Lots of Letters - Easy
What two words have the most letters in it?
Outs - Easy
How many outs in an inning?
Birthdays - Easy
How many birthdays does the average man have?
Lights Out - Easy
If you had one match and entered a room in which there were a kerosene lamp, an oil burner, and a wood burning stove, which would you light first?
Three Pills - Easy
If a doctor gave you three pills and told you to take one every half-hour, how long would they last you?
Old Coin - Easy
An archeologist claims he found some gold coins dated '46 BC' Do you believe him?
East or West of the Mississipi - Easy
Is it legal for a man living west of the Mississippi River to be buried east of the Mississippi River?
Math - Easy
Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
Animals on the Ark - Easy
How many animals of each gender did Moses take aboard the ark?
Weighs - Easy
A clerk in a butcher's shop is five foot ten. What does he weigh?
British Fouth of July - Easy
Do they have a 4th of July in England?
Marriage Law - Easy
In North Carolina, is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?
Masked Men - Easy
A man leaves home and takes three left turns. Upon arriving back home he comes across two men wearing masks. Who are these men?
Pulley System - Easy
A strong man at the circus can bench press 1200 pounds. How much can he lift with a pulley and a 25 foot rope when the rope weighs two pounds, the pulley is attached to the ceiling, the ceiling is 10 feet from the floor, and the man is standing on the floor?
Numbers - Easy
Take 1 from 19 and leave 20.
Off the Chair - Easy
Jack gave John the following challenge: "If you sit down in that chair, I bet I can make you get out of it before I run around the chair three times," he said "Awe, that's not fair," John said. "You'll just prick me with a pin or something." "Nope," Jack said. "I won't touch you, either directly or with any object. If you get out of the chair, it'll be by your own choice." John thought, accepted the challenge, and lo and behold, Jack won the bet. How did he do it?
Vinyl - Easy
How many grooves are there on an LP record?
Spelling - Easy
What word is always spelled incorrectly?
Sunset, Sunrise - Easy
On what day(s) of the year does the sun rise and set at the same time of day?
Like these brain teasers??
Bookmark and Share them!
Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- The BHP Big Page of Brain Teasers!. All our brain teasers with their answers, all in one spot.
- Weird Brain Tricks involve fooling the brain into beleiving a false reality. This is how it happens and some interesting experiments you can try!
- The Submitted Brain Teasers sent in by visitors like you! Have a crack at some of the most recent submissions.
- Submit Your Own Brain Teaser or Puzzle. Got a doozie of a mind bender? Send it in and give the rest of us a crack at it!
- Math Brain Teasers are tough but worth solving to keep your brain strong. So get out that pencil and start sharpening! Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
- Easy Brain Teasers are a good way to warm up your brain for some hard thinking. Check out our selection! Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3
- Hard Brain Teasers can keep your brain sharp. Check out our page and see how many you can solve!
- Riddles are little concise brain teasers that can help you think outside the box. Test out your brain against our collection. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 and Page 4
- Jigsaw puzzles are excellent brain training tools and can be quite fun! Learn what solving a jigsaw puzzle does for your brain here.
- Brain Fun There's a lot of brain fun to be had with optical illusions and visual tricks. Training your brain can be fun, and here are some optical illusions to get it working.
- Brain Games offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Riddles offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Twisters are a great way to challenge your mind. This is good for improving your mental functions and the development of new neural pathways. This article gives you some examples of riddles that you can use to get thinking.
- Word Problems This article is all about word problems. These are riddles and problems that challenge your brain to work in ways it doesn't usually work. These problems are great for improving your mind.
- More Brain Fun You can have all the brain fun you want all by yourself. You don't need fancy puzzles or computer software. This article has some great ideas for easy brain fun you can do yourself.
- Brain Games Fun offers a wonderful challenge to your mind while entertaining you at the same time. This article looks at its benefits and discusses the most common types of games that can be used to stretch your brainpower.
- Brain Riddles Teasers Riddles, brain teasers, mind twisters and puzzles challenge us to think differently. They're lots of fun but they also have an educational purpose - they can train your mind to think in more creative and flexible ways. This article introduces three riddles, brain teasers and word problems for you to solve.
- Brain Rummager is a site full of activities and information related to the English language. It's aimed at students of all ages and there are lots of challenges here. It also has ideas for creative writing. This is an addictive site that you can spend hours at a stretch on.
- More Brain Twisters Brain twisters are short riddles that force you to think outside of the box. One feature many of them have is that they leave you slapping your forehead afterwards laughing and going, DUH! Here are 11 brain twisters to give your grey matter a little workout.
- Fun Brain is a site that's designed to make learning fun. Kids learn effortlessly when they're having a good time, and that's the site's strong point. It's full of math, reading and literacy games for students of all levels from kindergarten to 8th grade. It also has wonderful resources for parents and teachers. This is a review of the site.