Easy Brain Teasers Page 1
All Walls South - Easy
A man builds a four-walled house. Each of the walls, on the outside, face due south. The man looks out the window and sees a bear. What colour is the bear?
Missing Letter - Easy
What's the missing letter?
J ? M A M J J A S O N D
Farmer Crossing the River - Easy
A farmer is trying to cross a river with a bag of corn, a chicken and a fox. The farmer's raft is only big enough to take himself and one other item per trip. The chicken cannot be left alone with the corn or it will eat it. Likewise the fox cannot be left alone to eat the chicken. How does the farmer get all three items across the river?
Simple Math - Easy
Which is greater – half of quarter or quarter of half?
Smoking Bum - Easy
As they say, beggars can't be choosers, in fact bums take what they can get. A bum on the street can make one cigarette out of every 6 cigarette butts he finds. After one whole day of searching and checking public ashtrays the bum finds a total of 72 cigarette butts. How many cigarettes can he make and smoke from the butts he found?
Six Letters - Easy
In the group of letters below, cross out six letters so that the remaining letters, without altering their order, will spell a familiar word.
B S A I N X L E A T N T E A R S
50 Meter Drop - Easy
If you drop a 15 kg iron bar and a 5 kg bag of cotton from a height of 50 meters which will reach the ground first?
1000 in 8's - Easy
How do you write 1000 with eight 8s?
Lonely Road - Easy
A man and a woman are driving along a country road on a cold winter night when the car breaks down. Before leaving to find help, the man tells the woman not to open the doors or windows and not to let anybody in. He leaves, and she does as he says. When he returns, she is dead and there is a stranger in the car. What happened?
Wheels and Spokes - Easy
An old fashioned bike wheel has 21 spokes. How many spaces are there between the spokes?
Southbound Train - Easy
There's an electric train traveling south. The wind is from the north-west. In which direction would the smoke from the train be blowing?
Monsoon Season - Easy
Brian, Nick, Kevin, Henry and Sam were walking around a lake during their vacation in monsoon season. Brian wore a rain coat and also had a water proof cap. Kevin and Henry felt reasonably comfortable with their umbrellas. Henry offered Sam his umbrella. But none made any such offer to poor Nick who had nothing to protect himself with. He did not get drenched in rain, however. How is it possible?
Can't Operate - Easy
While driving a father and his son had a car accident and then were rushed to two different hospitals. The son was about to be operated on when the surgeon said "I can't operate... This is my son!' Who is the surgeon?
Kill Brother - Easy
A man kills his brother in plain sight of many witnesses and yet they never call police or otherwise report what he did and the man will never be charged. Why?
Barrel of Oil - Easy
A man has a barrel with filled with oil that weighs 100 pounds, and then he puts something into it. Now the barrel weighs less than 100 pounds. What did he put in the barrel?
Picnic Drive - Easy
Imagine you're driving a minivan. It's on it's way to a picnic and is heavily loaded with 10 people including the driver. Five of these people are children, and there are half as many females as males. The oldest among the passengers is an octogenarian and the youngest a three year old girl. They are all on their way to a nearby falls but must pass through some dense forest. The person next to the driver is puffing hard on his pipe. But the octogenarian's wife sitting next to him does not like it as she has never been so close to a smoker in all her 60 years. The van is going more than 60 mph. A keen eyed nephew of the Octogenarian's wife, who is ha;f her age and a retired soldier, suddenly spots a big black bear by the road side. The bear leaps at the van. After a loud bang, the bear lays on the ground, dead. Everyone wonders who shot the bear. It turns out that the retired soldier who had a rifle between his knees had shot the bear, out of pure instinct and reaction. How old was the driver?
Hour and Minute Handshake - Easy
At noon and midnight, on a clock or wrist watch, the hour and minute hands are exactly coincident with each other, pointing in the exact same direction. How many other times between noon and midnight do the hour and minute hands cross?
Crows on a Fence - Easy
If there are fifteen crows on a fence and the farmer shoots a third of them, how many are left?
Missing Number - Easy
What number is missing from this series ?
1, 3, 7, ?, 21
Dog Word Search - Easy
Can you find the word "dog" in the following word search puzzle?
Two Coins - Easy
I have two U.S. coins that add up to fifty-five cents. One is not a nickel. What coins are they?
Like these brain teasers??
Bookmark and Share them!
Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- The BHP Big Page of Brain Teasers!. All our brain teasers with their answers, all in one spot.
- Weird Brain Tricks involve fooling the brain into beleiving a false reality. This is how it happens and some interesting experiments you can try!
- The Submitted Brain Teasers sent in by visitors like you! Have a crack at some of the most recent submissions.
- Submit Your Own Brain Teaser or Puzzle. Got a doozie of a mind bender? Send it in and give the rest of us a crack at it!
- Math Brain Teasers are tough but worth solving to keep your brain strong. So get out that pencil and start sharpening! Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
- Easy Brain Teasers are a good way to warm up your brain for some hard thinking. Check out our selection! Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3
- Hard Brain Teasers can keep your brain sharp. Check out our page and see how many you can solve!
- Riddles are little concise brain teasers that can help you think outside the box. Test out your brain against our collection. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 and Page 4
- Jigsaw puzzles are excellent brain training tools and can be quite fun! Learn what solving a jigsaw puzzle does for your brain here.
- Brain Fun There's a lot of brain fun to be had with optical illusions and visual tricks. Training your brain can be fun, and here are some optical illusions to get it working.
- Brain Games offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Riddles offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Twisters are a great way to challenge your mind. This is good for improving your mental functions and the development of new neural pathways. This article gives you some examples of riddles that you can use to get thinking.
- Word Problems This article is all about word problems. These are riddles and problems that challenge your brain to work in ways it doesn't usually work. These problems are great for improving your mind.
- More Brain Fun You can have all the brain fun you want all by yourself. You don't need fancy puzzles or computer software. This article has some great ideas for easy brain fun you can do yourself.
- Brain Games Fun offers a wonderful challenge to your mind while entertaining you at the same time. This article looks at its benefits and discusses the most common types of games that can be used to stretch your brainpower.
- Brain Riddles Teasers Riddles, brain teasers, mind twisters and puzzles challenge us to think differently. They're lots of fun but they also have an educational purpose - they can train your mind to think in more creative and flexible ways. This article introduces three riddles, brain teasers and word problems for you to solve.
- Brain Rummager is a site full of activities and information related to the English language. It's aimed at students of all ages and there are lots of challenges here. It also has ideas for creative writing. This is an addictive site that you can spend hours at a stretch on.
- More Brain Twisters Brain twisters are short riddles that force you to think outside of the box. One feature many of them have is that they leave you slapping your forehead afterwards laughing and going, DUH! Here are 11 brain twisters to give your grey matter a little workout.
- Fun Brain is a site that's designed to make learning fun. Kids learn effortlessly when they're having a good time, and that's the site's strong point. It's full of math, reading and literacy games for students of all levels from kindergarten to 8th grade. It also has wonderful resources for parents and teachers. This is a review of the site.