The Big Page of Brain Teasers
Everything in One Spot
Here it is! Our complete collection of brain teasers all on one page. Keep your mental muscles strong and stay smart by taking on some of these lateral thinking and logic puzzles.
It's a great way to train your brain! Try a few everyday to keep your mind flexible and young. Each brain twister includes their answer and they are in order starting with easy to medium to hard. Help us grow our list by submitting brain teasers here.
All Walls South - Easy
A man builds a four-walled house. Each of the walls, on the outside, face due south. The man looks out the window and sees a bear. What colour is the bear?
Missing Letter - Easy
What's the missing letter?
J ? M A M J J A S O N D
Farmer Crossing the River - Easy
A farmer is trying to cross a river with a bag of corn, a chicken and a fox. The farmer's raft is only big enough to take himself and one other item per trip. The chicken cannot be left alone with the corn or it will eat it. Likewise the fox cannot be left alone to eat the chicken. How does the farmer get all three items across the river?
Simple Math - Easy
Which is greater - half of quarter or quarter of half?
Smoking Bum - Easy
As they say, beggars can't be choosers, in fact bums take what they can get. A bum on the street can make one cigarette out of every 6 cigarette butts he finds. After one whole day of searching and checking public ashtrays the bum finds a total of 72 cigarette butts. How many cigarettes can he make and smoke from the butts he found?
Six Letters - Easy
In the group of letters below, cross out six letters so that the remaining letters, without altering their order, will spell a familiar word.
B S A I N X L E A T N T E A R S
10kg Drop - Easy
If you drop a 10 kg iron bar and a 10 kg bag of cotton from a height of 50 meters which will reach the ground first?
1000 in 8's - Easy
How do you write 1000 with eight 8s?
Riddle 1 - Easy
What is so fragile that when you say its name you break it?
Lonely Road - Easy
A man and a woman are driving along a country road on a cold winter night when the car breaks down. Before leaving to find help, the man tells the woman not to open the doors or windows and not to let anybody in. He leaves, and she does as he says. When he returns, she is dead and there is a stranger in the car. What happened?
Riddle 2 - Easy
I have a tail, and I have a head, but i have no body. I am NOT a snake. What am I?
Wheels and Spokes - Easy
An old fashioned bike wheel has 21 spokes. How many spaces are there between the spokes?
Riddle 3 - Easy
What has 4 wheels and flies?
Southbound Train - Easy
There's an electric train traveling south. The wind is from the north-west. In which direction would the smoke from the train be blowing?
Monsoon Season - Easy
Brian, Nick, Kevin, Henry and Sam were walking around a lake during their vacation in monsoon season. Brian wore a rain coat and also had a water proof cap. Kevin and Henry felt reasonably comfortable with their umbrellas. Henry offered Sam his umbrella. But none made any such offer to poor Nick who had nothing to protect himself with. He did not get drenched in rain, however. How is it possible?
Can't Operate - Easy
While driving a father and his son had a car accident and then were rushed to two different hospitals. The son was about to be operated on when the surgeon said "I can't operate... This is my son!' Who is the surgeon?
Riddle 4 - Easy
What does an Island and the letter T have in common?
Kill Brother - Easy
A man kills his brother in plain sight of many witnesses and yet they never call police or otherwise report what he did and the man will never be charged. Why?
Riddle 5 - Easy
What falls, but does not break, and what breaks but does not fall?
Barrel of Oil - Easy
A man has a barrel with filled with oil that weighs 100 pounds, and then he puts something into it. Now the barrel weighs less than 100 pounds. What did he put in the barrel?
Riddle 6 - Easy
What, when you take away the whole, you still have some left over?
Picnic Drive - Easy
Imagine you're driving a minivan. It's on it's way to a picnic and is heavily loaded with 10 people including the driver. Five of these people are children, and there are half as many females as males. The oldest among the passengers is an octogenarian and the youngest a three year old girl. They are all on their way to a nearby falls but must pass through some dense forest. The person next to the driver is puffing hard on his pipe. But the octogenarian's wife sitting next to him does not like it as she has never been so close to a smoker in all her 60 years. The van is going more than 60 mph. A keen eyed nephew of the Octogenarian's wife, who is ha;f her age and a retired soldier, suddenly spots a big black bear by the road side. The bear leaps at the van. After a loud bang, the bear lays on the ground, dead. Everyone wonders who shot the bear. It turns out that the retired soldier who had a rifle between his knees had shot the bear, out of pure instinct and reaction. How old was the driver?
Hour and Minute Handshake - Easy
At noon and midnight, on a clock or wrist watch, the hour and minute hands are exactly coincident with each other, pointing in the exact same direction. How many other times between noon and midnight do the hour and minute hands cross?
Wrestling Team - Medium
On the varsity wrestling team there are 8 wrestlers. The coach is trying to seperate the wrestlers by weight class for their first competition. The wrestlers names are Jeff, Bill, Carl, David, Ryan, Frank, George, and Trevor are basketball players.
Frank is in the same weight class as Trevor.
George is in a heavier weight class than than Frank.
Ryan is in a heavier weight class than than Jeff.
Jeff is in a heavier weight class than than David and Carl.
Bill is in a lighter weight class than Carl.
Which one of the following must be false?
(A) George is in a heavier weight class than than Trevor.
(B) Carl is in a heavier weight class than than David.
(C) Jeff is in a heavier weight class than than Frank.
(D) David is in the same weight class as Carl.
(E) Bill is in the same weight class as Ryan.
Number Pyramid - Medium
What are the numbers in the tenth line of the following sequence?
Lights Upstairs, Switches Downstairs - Medium
A contractor just finished building a house. The main floor only has three lights and unfortunately the thoughtless electrician placed all the switches for these lights in the basement. The clever contractor however, finds out which switch works which light, using only one trip up the stairs. How does he do it?
Missing Numbers 1 - Medium
What are the two missing numbers in the series?
? ? 3 3 7 7 2 3 6 5
Gold Ingots - Medium
There are 26 gold ingots and one fake gold ingot made with iron. The fake ingot looks and feels totally identical to the real ones, the only difference is that the fake one, being made of iron, weighs more than a gold ingot. Using an ordinary scale or balance with two plates, only three times, how can you find the fake ingot?
Studying by Candle Light - Medium
Late one night Henry was studying for his final examinations when the lights went out in the dorms. He lit two candles to study by, both of equal length but one thicker than the other. The thick candle is supposed to last for six hours and the thin candle for two hours less. When Henry finally went to sleep and blew out the candles, the thick candle was exactly twice as long as the thin one. How long did Henry study by candle light?
Sachas and Jhutas - Medium
On an isolated island there lives two tribes: the Sacha and the Jhuta. The Sachas always speak the truth and the Jhutas never do. One day an anthropologist, Sam, arrives on the island and is met by four tribesmen of the island. Sam knows about the truthful Sachas and the lying Jhutas. Trying to figure out which tribe each of the 4 belong to he asks the first tribesmen whether the second was a Sacha or a Jhuta. 'Jhuta' the man says. He then asks the second one whether the third is a Sacha or a Jhuta and again the reply was 'Jhuta'. Sam asks the third man about the fourth, he also replies 'Jhuta'. When Sam asks the fourth what the first man would say about the third, once again he is told 'Jhuta'. Sam immediately writes in his log, correctly, how many of each tribe has come to greet him. How does he deduce this?
The Arab's Three Sons - Medium
A rich old Arab has three sons. When he died, he willed his 17 camels to the sons, to be divided as follows: First Son to get 1/2 of the camels Second Son to get 1/3rd of the camels Third Son to get 1/9th of the camels. The sons are sitting there trying to figure out how this can possibly be done, when a very old wise man goes riding by. They stop him and ask him to help them solve their problem. Without hesitation he divides the camels properly and continues riding on his way. How did he do it?
Like These Brain Teasers?
Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- The BHP Big Page of Brain Teasers!. All our brain teasers with their answers, all in one spot.
- Weird Brain Tricks involve fooling the brain into beleiving a false reality. This is how it happens and some interesting experiments you can try!
- The Submitted Brain Teasers sent in by visitors like you! Have a crack at some of the most recent submissions.
- Submit Your Own Brain Teaser or Puzzle. Got a doozie of a mind bender? Send it in and give the rest of us a crack at it!
- Math Brain Teasers are tough but worth solving to keep your brain strong. So get out that pencil and start sharpening! Page 1, Page 2, Page 3
- Easy Brain Teasers are a good way to warm up your brain for some hard thinking. Check out our selection! Page 1, Page 2 and Page 3
- Hard Brain Teasers can keep your brain sharp. Check out our page and see how many you can solve!
- Riddles are little concise brain teasers that can help you think outside the box. Test out your brain against our collection. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 and Page 4
- Jigsaw puzzles are excellent brain training tools and can be quite fun! Learn what solving a jigsaw puzzle does for your brain here.
- Brain Fun There's a lot of brain fun to be had with optical illusions and visual tricks. Training your brain can be fun, and here are some optical illusions to get it working.
- Brain Games offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Riddles offer a wonderful way to improve your memory and mental functions. There are lots of games that you can play on your computer. This article introduces a few of them to get you started.
- Brain Twisters are a great way to challenge your mind. This is good for improving your mental functions and the development of new neural pathways. This article gives you some examples of riddles that you can use to get thinking.
- Word Problems This article is all about word problems. These are riddles and problems that challenge your brain to work in ways it doesn't usually work. These problems are great for improving your mind.
- More Brain Fun You can have all the brain fun you want all by yourself. You don't need fancy puzzles or computer software. This article has some great ideas for easy brain fun you can do yourself.
- Brain Games Fun offers a wonderful challenge to your mind while entertaining you at the same time. This article looks at its benefits and discusses the most common types of games that can be used to stretch your brainpower.
- Brain Riddles Teasers Riddles, brain teasers, mind twisters and puzzles challenge us to think differently. They're lots of fun but they also have an educational purpose - they can train your mind to think in more creative and flexible ways. This article introduces three riddles, brain teasers and word problems for you to solve.
- Brain Rummager is a site full of activities and information related to the English language. It's aimed at students of all ages and there are lots of challenges here. It also has ideas for creative writing. This is an addictive site that you can spend hours at a stretch on.
- More Brain Twisters Brain twisters are short riddles that force you to think outside of the box. One feature many of them have is that they leave you slapping your forehead afterwards laughing and going, DUH! Here are 11 brain twisters to give your grey matter a little workout.
- Fun Brain is a site that's designed to make learning fun. Kids learn effortlessly when they're having a good time, and that's the site's strong point. It's full of math, reading and literacy games for students of all levels from kindergarten to 8th grade. It also has wonderful resources for parents and teachers. This is a review of the site.